http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Yes, We Have No Photos

I have been staying at my parents for the past week, and my camera is at home, so no photos. I have been knitting though. Although I did do some knitting on an unfinished project from the project basket (a shawl in koigu KPPM merino, "old shale" pattern), I gave in to temptation and started a pair of socks with the Cascade fixation I bought from the Knit Shop. That project is up to the foot of sock no. 1. Then, the yarn for my mother's sweater finally arrived from Patternworks. So I dropped everything else and began work on the back and have completed about eight inchs. Gotta get that camera. Such a boring post.

In other news, I have now been on the South Beach Diet for five long days. I am very, very tired of green salads, which I usually enjoy. Just too much of a good thing. I have lost 3 pounds. As I have about 60+ to lose, it doesn't seem like much. After my husband left me three years ago, my coping mechanisms have not been the best. Like comfort food and wine. Not to mention chocolate. So here I am 60 pounds later and I look awful. I used to be pretty. But the time has come to finally do something about my weight. When I get down about 30 pounds, I'll go back to yoga class, which I loved. When you have 60 extra pounds, mostly around your torso, it is difficult to bend. Besides, as a fat person in yoga class I would be very conspicous, and it would bother me. But I really need the strength and flexibility I had when I took yoga. My Mom and I are doing this together and she is cooking all the meals and packing my lunches and snacks. She is wonderful!

Must end here, I'm at work and need to put the nose back to the grindstone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home