http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sockapaloooza Finish!


Here they are, basking in the sun. And here's a closer look.



They are knit on US 2 double points from Knit Picks Essentials Sock Yarn in Pumpkin. I actually think they are more a spice color, like cinnamon or nutmeg maybe. The color in the photos is fairly accurate, just a bit less orange and a bit more brown in real life. I used the same pattern as the test knit, Embossed Leaves. The only change I made was to shorten the foot by one half pattern repeat, and then I reversed the shaping on the toes to match where I ended in the pattern repeat. Otherwise, they are just the same as the first pair.

I have also finished the New England socks, but don't have a picture and the socks are at home.

Easter in Washington was great! Here are my cute grandchildren on Easter Sunday.


Bye for now!

6 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger alison said...

Oooh, they're gorgeous!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger kathy b said...

Barbara,

Your socks are so lovely. Beautiful lovely pattern. Your Easter photo of the children is so darling!

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Alliesw said...

Gorgeous socks--what a great color, and your detail is amazing--congratulations to you and your lucky sock pal! (and beautiful grandchildren too!)

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cheerful color, and it works so nicely with the leaves pattern. I'm sure your sock pal would love them!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Ruby Banshee said...

They look perfect. Your sockpal will love them. Congratulations.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Auntie Pita said...

I do! I do!!!

So much so that I am making a pair for a friend of mine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home