http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Monday, January 23, 2006

Week End Knitting

Drat, just lost a post. I didn't save it before I previewed and when I closed the preview window that was the end of that. Live and learn.

Ok. I finished the Meillenweit socks. They are a pretty good fit, although a tad loose in the ankle.

The color is a bit washed out from the flash. They are really red, pinkish brown, and brown.

Next, I cast on for the Country Socks for the Folk Sock Knitalong. I've reached the heel flap on sock # 1. These are supposed to finished by January 31, and that shouldn't be a problem. They are interesting, but not terribly difficult. Here's a progress pic:


You can't really see the detail in the ribbing, so here is a shot of it stretched over my hand:

Hmm. I'm not sure you can see the detail well in this shot either. I did some work on Beadwork, adding about an inch to the right front. It's going back in the basket for a couple weeks, because I've been invited to a baby shower on February 4, and I need some time to knit something for that. It will probably be a hat or booties or both. Knitting a sweater would be cutting it close. I have enough stress in my life without adding to it. Well, that's it for today.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The completed pair look great! And I'm looking forward to seeing the next pair done!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Wishing I had picked the grey! Nice Job, Barbara! I also like your Meilenweit socks. Are they cotton?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home