http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Monday, January 23, 2006

Knitting as an Olympic Sport?

The Yarn Harlot is encouraging us to joint the Knitting Olympics, to knit to the finish one challenging knitting project during the period from the Opening Ceremonies through the Closing Ceremonies. Am I tempted to join in? Yeah, I even know what the challenging project would be, Lucy Neatby's Camelot Socks. It's not going to happen though. I'll be visiting my parents at their winter home in Brownsville, Texas during the second week of the Olympics, and I don't think they'd appreciate it if I spent the entire week bonded to my knitting. Nor do I want to, come to that. Mom and I have big plans for shopping in Mexico, swimming in the pool, drinking coffee or wine on the patio etc. Most of those things, except for the coffee, do not mix well with knitting, or at least with my knitting! During the Winter Olympics of 1994, I was home and off work while recuperating from surgery. My sister was staying with me, ostensibly to take care of me, but we had a great time just loafing around, and spent many hours watching the Olympic Games. If I could, it would be fabulous to take two weeks off work, and just knit and watch the Olympics. I'm very jealous of folks who will be able to be at home and do that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home