http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Whitby

As promised, the completed Whitby socks.


They were really a pleasure to knit. I used 3.25mm double points and Louet Gems Opal sport weight yarn. They only took about three days total to knit. They have a dutch heel.


I forget what the toe style is called-wedge, maybe? Anyway here it is.


I have ordered some Nature Spun sport yarn from Patternworks for my next sock project, County Socks from Nancy Bush's Folk Socks. I had some purple, turquoise and yellow Nature Spun in the stash that I thought I could use. I cast on and tried yellow and purple, but they just didn't go well together. The yellow is sort of mustardy and the purple is sort of a dull shade. Ugh. I ripped it out. I ordered natural and gray. I just looked at the socks on the knit-along page. I think I was looking at the wrong pattern. The pattern I thought we were knitting was Welsh Country Socks. There must be a second Country Socks pattern. Must check this out.

In the mean time, while awaiting the Nature Spun yarn, I pulled an old project out of the basket. I don't think I've touched it since last April.


This is the partially completed right front of a Jade Starmore design, Beadwork, from a Collector's Item. I started this project at least two years ago. I'm finding the pattern very complicated, and to get gauge, I have to use a size 1 needle. It's a very slow knit. I finished the back, which is the largest piece. Last night I knit six rows, found a mistake, tinked back four rows and then re-knit them. It took all evening. I may never finish this.

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Nikki in Niagara said...

Beautiful Whitbys! Pattern really shows up with the colour. The Country Socks are on pg. 111 of "Folk Socks"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home