http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Friday, December 02, 2005

It's Snowing

And that is an understatement. It appears that lot of weekend time will be spent digging out. I'm also anticipating knitting in a nice warm house while watching the snow fall. It has been snowing steadily all day and isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow night. Ah, lake effect snow!



Another sample of the knitting I have done in the past month. This cap and mittens were for Katy, and I knit a similar pair in red, white, and blue for Jack. I interrupted the knitting of my Lativian socks to do them.


Here is the one lonely Lativian sock, waiting for me to cast on it's mate. But, ah, I confess to being distracted by a House Elf Sock pattern.


I reread Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire recently. The house elf Dobby gave Harry Potter a pair of hand knit socks for Christmas. One sock was red with a pattern of broomsticks. The other sock was green with a pattern of golden snitches. Dobby believes that a pair of socks should not look alike, and if they do, you should take them back to the shop! I just had to knit a pair and then I found this pattern. What can I say, I'm easily distracted. And these socks are just plain funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home