http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Vacation



I actually have three finished projects from my vacation. Here are a pair of nordic mittens, knit on US 3 double points with Debby Bliss Merino DK. I modified a pattern of Beth Brown-Reisle's that was in Interweave Knits Winter 2004 (I think). Now I'm set for a cold winter. And I finished a pair of socks, knit on US 1 double points in Opal Rainforest yarn in Parrot. Opal keeps coming up with fantastic yarns. I'd like to knit a pair of socks from Tiger in the Rainforest colorway, and the colors in the Opal Petticoat yarn are singing a siren song as well. I also finished the Marco Polo Sweater and it is washed and blocked. No picture. I'm hoping to get a shot of my mom wearing it.

Ten days of vacation make it hard to go back to work. Ugh. I can hardly see my desk. But I did have a great time. My daughter and my two grandchildren came for a visit and every minute with them was a delight. (Yes, I am a doting Grandma). And there are always sweets at Grammy's house. Here is Jack with an all day sucker and Katy with her favorite ice cream.




And here is one of my current projects, the Friday Harbor socks from Nancy Bush's book, Knitting on the Road. I'm using US 2 double points and Mountain Colors Weavers Wool Quarters in alpine. The blues are really lovely. Well, back to work. Tootles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home