http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Monday, August 08, 2005

Going home

After two and a half weeks at my parents house, I'm going back home today. The weather is still very hot in the daytime, but the last few nights have been cooler. As long as I can sleep at night, the daytime heat is tolerable. I will also be back to cooking for myself and will have to fix my own diet meals. I've decided on no wine in the evenings. After I have one glass, I want another, and I'm too relaxed to bother about cooking and end up eating peanut butter sandwiches, ice cream and the like. So I'll save the wine for when there is company.

The Broadripple socks are finished, but no photo. They are still soaking wet, on the sock blockers. And, I have left my cameral at Mom and Dad's house. It must be my aging brain, I thought about that camera when packing the car this morning, and what did I do but leave in on a chair beside the front door. I'm up to the armhole decreases on the front of the Marco Polo sweater. I've been trying to decide what is the next project. A denim jumper for Katy from Erika Knight's Simple Knits for Little Cherubs? A summer T for myself from Rowan Summer Tweed in sort of a raspberry shade? A fair isle vest for Jack? Or perhaps mittens? Elizabeth Zimmerman's A Knitter's Almanac has mittens for the August project. I love knitting the grandchildren mittens. But I knit them each two pair last winter, and I need to check with my daughter to see if they still fit or not. Finally, I have yarn and patterns for 4 pairs of socks from the Opal Sock of the Month Club still waiting their turn on the needles. As for the unfinished project basket, let's not go there.

Good news from son Stephen in Bethesda, Maryland. He's a new graduate of Catholic University Law School and just finished the Maryland Bar Exam. He called Saturday to say he had a job offer from a law firm in Virginia. He's going to take the offer. It does mean that he'll move from Maryland into Virginia, and he will have to take Virginia Bar Exam in February, but he seemed ok with that.

I saw War of the Worlds at the movies last night. I thought it was good, although not Tom Cruise's best performance. I knew that it was based on H.G. Well's work that caused a panic when it aired on radio, but I didn't know the plot. Some people had told me they thought it was too long and that you kept sitting there wishing it were done. I didn't feel that way, maybe because I didn't know how it would end, so it kept my attention. Anyway, I liked it and thought it was worth seeing.

Well, bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home