http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Friday Harbor

The Friday Harbor socks are done! I'm really pleased with how they turned out and can't wait to wear them. I knit them in Mountain Colors Weavers Wool Quarters in alpine, using US 2 double points.

Here is a close look at the heel. And the cuff, which I had to do twice on the first sock, but looks good so it was worth it.

And finally, the toe. I'm Kitchener-challenged, so even though I like a more rounded toe, this worked well for me.

Bring on the next KOTR knit-along!

8 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sock looks great
cara
earth mother

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

The socks are beautiful - I love the colorway!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger stricken madchen said...

Your socks are beautiful! I love the color.
Michelle

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Pretty! I need to get moving on mine!

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Friday Harbors are great, too. I'm really enjoying the pattern--enough going on to keep you interested but not so you make too many mistakes. The yarn is lovely too. My last pair of socks were in your colorway.
I'm in complete agreement about Kitchener.

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Great job on your Friday Harbor Socks! I was so glad to get mine done, too. I am hoping the next KOTR sock will not be quite as difficult.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks look fantastic! I finished my Friday Harbor socks today, but probably won't post a pic until tomorrow when they are dry (and hopefully we have some sunshine.)

I have a favorite toe that doesn't require kitchener and is a round toe. Ironically I learned to do this toe after I finally mastered kitchener.

I did the toe as written for the Friday Harbor socks, and I wish I had used the modified round toe I normally use.

Email me if you are interested in the directions.

blissfulknitter AT gmail DOT com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home