http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Monday, January 09, 2006

Memories

This past holiday season was the best for me in several years. The first Christmas after my husband left me (in September) was so hard. Nothing seemed right. The next one was better, but I was still sad at "what might have been" but wasn't. This year I was able to just enjoy the moment. I guess you do get used to changes, even hard ones.

The trip to Maryland was fun. It's a long drive, but my dog is too large to fly except in cargo, and I won't put her through that. Audiobooks help, and this trip it was Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince. The visit itself was pretty much my usual grammy visit, once we opened Christmas presents. I did some babysitting so my daughter and son-in-law could go to a couple parties. I made Beef Bourguignon (spelling?) for dinner one night. We all went ice skating at the outdoor rink in Pershing Park in downtown Washington. It was the first time on skates for five year old Katy and three year old Jack. Since I haven't been on skates in, oh twentysome years, I would have been wise to just watch. Of course I didn't and boy did my back and ankle muscles protest. I really didn't skate that long before I fell right on my fanny. Very embarrassing. A very nice man had to help me back up. After skating, we all had lunch at the Old Ebbet's Grill. Tom also took me to the Round Robin bar at the Willard for a drink. I had a yummy Cosmopolitan. I left for home on New Year's Day.

I'm not a great fan of New Year's resolutions. But I do resolve to finish at least one of three unfinished projects in the knitting basket. I think the oldest one is two years in process now.

I finished the Whitby socks this weekend and they are washed and drying on blockers. Pictures tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home