http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Friday, January 06, 2006

The Lonely Latvian Has a Mate


I finished the second Latvian socks during my trip to Maryland, but delayed taking photos because it has been so gray and overcast here. It is still gray and overcast--this is Cleveland in January, folks--but took the photos anyway.

Details:

Pattern from Nancy Bush's book, Folk Socks. I knit the pattern exactly as written and didn't find any errors. I used a provisional cast on for the picot hem. I was a bit apprehensive that the length of the leg would be too long for me, but it turned out ok. Knit on US size 0 doublepoints, using KnitPicks Essentials sock yarn in the shade Dusk. Would I knit these socks again? I dunno, ask me in a few months. They are such a fine gauge, it seemed to take forever to see any progress. It was one of those projects that the Yarn Harlot describes as "black hole knitting."

I'm currently knitting Whitby for the Knitting on the Road Knitalong. It is much faster to knit, being made with sport weight yarn and on 3.25mm needles. I'm almost to the toe, just one more cable to go.

I was going to post some about my visit to Maryland, but I've run out of steam here. Maybe tomorrow. There were no visits to yarn shops, alas. But otherwise a very good time.

2 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Your socks look great. I love the Latvians in a dark color. What is the beautiful pink lace under your socks?

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger barbara said...

Jessica,
Thanks for leaving a comment. The pick lace is a cotton Laura Ashley scarf I bought several years ago. It does look a lot like some of the shawl pattern seen on knitblogs, doesn't it. I wish I had knit it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home