http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Still Waiting

The Naturespun yarn for the Country Socks hasn't arrived from Patternworks yet. So, being totally fickle, or maybe it's because I'm a Gemini, I had to cast on for a new pair of socks. The yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Multiringel, shade 5030. I'm using US size 2 double points and a generic sock pattern from I forget where. I'm feeling very virtuous that the yarn is from my stash. Never mind that the day I bought it I just stopped in at the LYS to pick up a package of US 2 needles and came out with $75 dollars in yarn and pattern books!

I'm still adding a few rows a day to Beadwork, but there are some good reasons (excuses?) why I'm not spending a lot of time on it. The yarn is dark, and unless the light is bright it is difficult to see the pattern, particularly when working a wrong side row. Daylight is preferable. There are three different charts involved and if I don't really concentrate I make a lot of mistakes. This means no TV or conversation. Add a glass of wine and for sure I'll be tinking back in the morning. Therefore, Beadwork has been relegated to the 45 minutes or so knitting I allow myself before leaving for work. I've added an inch to it since the last picture--boring, I know.
So no photo, it would look pretty much like the last one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home