http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Monday, April 10, 2006

Sockapaloooza Start!


I cast on for the Sockapaloooza Socks this week end and see how far I've gotten! I'm using Knit Picks Essential sock yarn in Pumpkin. It actually looks more spice colored to me, like cinnamon or nutmeg. I hope my sock pal will approve of the color. And, I have finished the New England socks as well. They have had a Euclan bath and are drying. I hope they'll be ready for a picture tomorrow.

Work is overwhelming this week, with not one, but two big deadlines on Friday. Serious stuff, you know, the kind of thing if you mess up you are really in deep doo doo. Can't wait for Saturday!!

On Saturday I'm heading for my daughter's home in Maryland for Easter. I'm looking forward to it, but hope it won't be too much for her. She and her family and in-laws are spending the week at Kiawah Island and won't be coming home until Saturday morning. If it were me, having guests for Easter is not what I would plan at the end of a vacation trip. But she was quite insistant that I come. I guess I'll play with the children and help out with laundry if I can. She and I both like to cook together too. We're going to have leg of lamb, yummy. And I hope the weather co-operates and we have good weather. The Washington area is so beautiful in Springtime.

Back to the Sockapaloooza Sock knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home