http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sockapaloooza Test Knit

I cannot believe it has been so long between posts! Truthfully, I haven't done nearly as much knitting as I usually do. Keeping the house immaculate for realtors and clients is sucking up way too much good knitting time.

Since I last posted:
1. My Mom had her 81st birthday
2. My son-in-law hit a hole-in-one on the golf course
3. I have finished a pair of socks.

Let's go directly to the socks, shall we? They are the embossed leaves socks from Interweave Knits Winter 2005, knit in Paton's Kroy sock yarn in grass green. I had hoped to have them done in time for St. Patrick's Day, but that didn't happen!


It was a good pattern, and it was a test knit for my Sockapalooza Pal. Her socks will be an earth tone, as she likes to wear those colors. I'll have to search the stash tonight for something appropriate.

I've also been working on the second sock for the New England socks. It is going a bit faster than the first, as I have memorized most of the chart and don't have to consult it too often. Here is a progress picture.


I've done about 2 plus diamonds and it takes 4 diamonds to complete the leg. The Knit-a-long for this sock ends on 3/31, so I should get cracking here.

Although poor Beadwork spends most of the time languishing in the project basket, I have got the right front knit through about half the decrease rows for the neck shaping. No picture. I'll wait until I finish the right front.

Work has been crazy, and I'm on my lunch hour, so back to the grindstone!

4 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh your socks are so pretty.



your sockapalooza pal

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh your socks are just lovley, love the pink color.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the green socks and the pink ones too.
Your sockpal is lucky!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Debi said...

I'm visiting from Alison's blog....Beautiful Socks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home