http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Spiral Eyelet Socks - Finished!

I tried to post this yesterday, but Blogger would not upload my photos for some reason. Today it is uploading them just fine. Go figure.

I finally got around to photographing the Spiral Eyelet Socks, so here they are:

Unfortunately, the eyelets do not show in the pictures and I did not take one of the socks on my feet. Mea Culpa. Here's a close-up of the pattern detail. Believe me, the eyelets really are there.



I love the colors and they are a bit brighter in person. The cuff has a picot edging and then K2P2 ribbing.



The heel flap is called a "seed stitch" heel, although it isn't truly seedstitch. Odd numbered rows alternate knit stitches and slipped stitches (instead of purl stitches). Even rows are purled. The heel flap does have a texture similar to seed stitch but less raised or defined I guess.

I knit these on US size 1 doublepoints using Opal Petticoat yarn #1296.

I'm also still plugging slowly along with the Gotland Island Mittens, and hope to finish them this weekend if it is not hotter than hades around here like it has been. I'm still at my parents, but I think I will try staying at home this weekend, as they are going out of town to visit my sister and her family.

I feel like this is a really dull post. But life is ok. You know that Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times"? Some times the interesting times aren't a lot of fun. I was wishing summer was over when I was walking through the heat and humidity in the parking lot this morning on the way from my car to the hospital entrance. And then I thought, "No I don't want to wish my life away. Today is one more day in my life and I don't know how many days I have left, so I should live in and enjoy today as best I can." So I will. Bye for now.

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Donna said...

The socks are beautiful!

 
At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really, really love your socks, they're so beautiful! The colors you were using are just great and go along so fine together, and the pattern rocks! Great job, congrats!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger LaurieM said...

Perhaps that heel stitch is the same as "eye of the partrige"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home