http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Monday, June 12, 2006

Knitting on the Road

I just spent a three day week end in Gaithersburg, MD visiting my daughter and her family. Yes, knitting did occur, but not actually on the road, as I had to drive the car. I finished a pair of socks, which have been washed and are blocking, so no picture today. My granddaughter Katy, told me that she has outgrown all her "grammy sweaters", so could I make a new one? She is requesting " a yellow sweater you pull over your head with pink flowers on it". I believe the flowers are supposed to be on the sweater, not her head. But you never know...














A PIZZA!! And a FROG!!

Not to be outdone, son-in-law Tom has a LOBSTER on his head!



These photos were all taken in a hat shop in Annapolis, MD. We drove to Annapolis for lunch on Saturday and had a great time.











My parents, who were also visiting, are in the background. My daughter and her husband are in the front of the picture, and you can see the grandchildren behind their dad. It was a perfect day, sunny and cool. We had lunch at Pusser's on the waterfront. The food was delicious, I think all the adults had crab soup. I had a crab salad that was wonderful. Didn't take picture of that though!





Katy and Jack really enjoyed watching all the boats entering and leaving the harbour.











On my return trip home, I got off the PA Turnpike at Ligoner to visit Kathy's Kreations Yarn Shop. It was a nice side trip though the beautiful Laurel Highlands, but alas, Kathy's Kreations was closed on Sundays. I knew that it might not be open, but I thought I'd risk it. I did gaze in the shop window at some beautiful sweaters and yarn. I just wish I could have bought some! Maybe I'll stop there some day on the way to Gaithersburg.
Adios for now. Sock pictures tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. One of the Rowan books (I'll look it up and get back to you) has a very cute kids' sweater with flowers on it. I *think* it's book #31. You may want to get on the Rowan site. I believe you can see the contents before you buy. Make sure if you do the one I'm talking about that you do it intarsia. It doesn't tell you to do it that way. You could also do it double knitting, but don't do it the way the instructions say.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh Bummer! I wish I had know you made the side trip earlier. I just went to Kathy's Kreations today! I bought some awesome trekking my son thinks is his. LOL! I only live about 45 minutes away from there and about 10 minutes off the New Stanton Exit of the PA turnpike. Can't remember the number. If you are ever coming through, email me and maybe we could meet!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Wow.. weird... I was in Annapolis on the same Saturday and I was in the same hat shop!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home