http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Friday, May 12, 2006

New England





I tried to post yesterday and something wonky was going on with blogger. It won't let me post photographs and then it wouldn't even save what I had written as a draft. Grrr.

Anyway...
I'm very please with how they turned out! Now I can wear them clog dancing, no wait, I don't know how to clog dance. Never mind, they'll see lots of wear.


Yes, Virgina, it is a warshcloth! Does that make me offically a "knit dweeb"? I bought Mason Dixon Knitting last weekend and read it cover to cover. They are humorous writers, and the art work and layout are fabulous. The patterns are just plain fun. I really never did think about knitting a dish cloth, but it looked like fun, and you know what, it was. I knit it on Saturday evening while watching the Kentucky Derby and a couple of episodes of Big Love on HBO.


Here's one other item I've worked on this week, simple self-striping socks knit from Opal Rodeo sock yarn. They are so much faster to knit that the lace sock patterns I've been working on lately. I'm ready for a new project though, just haven't decided what it is yet.

That's all folks!

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I love Opal sock yarn! I have a pair and they are my favorites. They wash up in the machine so nice and soft.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Auntie Pita said...

I love the pink socks!!! The pattern is beautiful!

I have started the embossed leaves using llana grosa, striped, in orange, lime, rasberry, blue, and cream... its interesting... I'll post a pix of it as it get longer!

Auntie Pita

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Love all the projects! The pink socks are beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home