http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Socks that don't slouch


As promised here are the former slouch socks reincarnated (or something).

I just cast on 60 stitches on size US 2 needles, knit a 2x2 ribbed cuff,


Then a round heel,


And a banded toe (I think that's what it's called. Whatever.)


There you have it. A simple sock to smooth my feelings over the slouch disaster. And I have started a new sock. It is the Opal Sock of the Month Club pattern for June. It's called Spiral Eyelet Sock. The yarn is Opal Petticoat #1296, and the sock is knit on Size US 1 needles. Here's what I have done so far:


It has a picot top band followed by 2x2 ribbing. Then you start the spiral eyelet pattern. I didn't think I was going to like this yarn when I saw it in the skein, but the colors are lovely as they knit up.

Tootles.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I love the opal sock! I just bought 3 more balls of opal today! ackk someone save me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home