http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It's been a while

The Gotland Island mittens are done at last. That thumb on the right mitten gave me such trouble! I have to admit that I got a little bored with the red and white pattern, although it was an easy one to memorize, so I didn't have to consult the charts very often.



The pattern was from Folk Mittens. I used three shades of Knitpick's Palette (red, green, and white). A bargain at $1.99 a ball. They were knit on US #1 doublepoints (Britanny Birch).

Of course I have to have a sock on the needles and here it is.


This is the Opal Sock of the Month Club Pattern for May. It is called Lacing Stitch Socks. Here the detail picture. It's sort of a "belt threaded through belt loops" look! At least that is what it reminds me of. The yarn is Opal Prisma.


The cuff has a cable rib, but I forgot to get a shot of that. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Now that the weather is cooler, I'm back in my own home. I had a somewhat depressing chat with my realtor last evening. She told me that houses in our area are taking an average of one year to sell. Mine has been on the market since the first week in March. :( Fortunately I decided to sell first and buy later. People are still looking at my house though, usually one or two groups a weekend. I think 4 groups went through last week. But no one is bying. Sigh.

Bye for now.

4 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Donna said...

love the mittens! I ordered Latvian Mittens today. I want to start making mittens cause I enjoy socks so much. Love the socks as well!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Heather Cox said...

Beautiful mittens! :)

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous job on those mittens!!!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I just received that book from my Secret Pal and love it! The pattern you just finished is top on my list, especially after seeing your finished mittens. They are so pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home