http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Oh woe!

I didn't finish the Gotland Island Mittens after all. On Saturday I finshed the tip of the mitten and all I had left to do on Sunday was knit the thumb. On Sunday I removed the waste yarn for the peasant thumb and picked up the stitches. I knit about an inch on the thumb and then I saw it---a dropped stitch way down at the base of the thumb. Apparently I dropped it in the first row. :( I took a deep breath and began to frog all the way back to the beginning. I had a terrible time getting the original picked up stitches back on the needles, and they are very messly looking too. So I have set the mitten aside until I feel better about it. I'll pick it up again maybe next weekend.

The heat is really getting to me. Yesterday was 94 F degrees with a heat index of 108. I feel like I'm melting. The air conditioning in the office has been turned down to conserve power, as the local power company is doing rolling blackouts in some areas of the city. Ah well, this too shall pass, it always does.

Blogger is driving me crazy. Yesterday it ate my post, and now it will not let me download photos. Bah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home