http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Crabby is as crabby does

I feel like Lucy from Peanuts this morning. Probably because I got only 4 hours sleep last night. I am cruising along on Katy's sweater, about half way up the second sleeve. For some reason I decided to pick up the Icarus shawl project at 5:00 AM when I couldn't sleep. I knit about 4 rows and discovered that I had the wrong number of stitches. Gah. I was so annoyed that I frogged the whole thing (41 rows). Then I picked up the sock I am currently knitting, the famous Jaywalker pattern. Lo and behold, I also had the wrong number of stitches on this too! Call it fate, call it karma. I tinked back about 4 rounds to get the right number of stitches and then threw the thing aside. Went to put on some coffee and found the milk is outdated. Bah. Drank it black. I've decided I am going to skip Soctoberfest this year. I have to complete Katy's sweater and then I have signed up for the International Scarf Exchange. The scarf has to be done in time to get it to the recipient by November 1. I've chosen the pattern, but that's as far as I've gotten. It's lace and may (insert demonic laughter here) be a little tricky. So I don't think there will really be time for socks. I suppose I could finish the Jaywalkers. Like when I am in a better mood? Oh look at the clock, it's lunchtime. Bye.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger lv2knit said...

You are totally describing my life: I work at a hospital, budget due, bad virus (with migraine no less), no cream for my coffee this a.m., power outage last night -- what more can go wrong???

Love your blog and your wonderful comments about my afghan. Happy Knitting!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home