http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday, Monday

I've always liked the Mamas and Papas music.

It has been gray and rainy for a week now. I'm about to grow mold or mildew or something. I mailed Katy's sweater on Saturday and I wish I could show you a picture of her modeling it. Maybe my daughter will take pity on me and send me one. The best I can do right now are these photos taken with flash (see above gray weather).
First, the lying limply on the chair shot. Color is at least fairly true on my monitor.

Next is the hanger on the back of the door shot. I know, boring.

Pocket detail.


Very washed-out detail of buttons. You can't see it in this picture, but the ladybugs are a very pale pink with cross hatching in a light pink.

Project Specs:

Design: "Archie" from Kim Hargreaves book, "Pipsqueaks".

Yarn: Rowan Cotton Glace in Peony

Needles: Addi Turbos circulars in size 3, 4, and 5. (mostly size 5)

No modifications to the pattern. The only thing I wish I had done differently is to do a three needle bindoff at the shoulders instead of backstitching the shoulder seams. I was afraid a three needle bind off would stretch out since I was using a cotton yarn, but now after washing and drying the sweater I think it would have held up ok.

I have completed 8 of 25 pattern repeats on the Midwest Moonlight scarf. The scarf has to be in the hands of the recipient on November 1. Can I do it? Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home