http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Finally finished!

Here is the finished scarf for my ISC exchange partner. They are not great pictures. I had to take them at work (because I left the camera there over the weekend) I am a week late already and really wanted to get it in the mail. Thus, these are truly uninspired poses as my office is very blah in its decor. Ah well. The pattern is from Scarf Style and is called Midwest Moonlight.
The yarn is Knit Picks Elegance (70% baby alpaca and 30% silk) in Cornflower Blue. I used an Inox circular needle in size 4 mm. I'm glad I knit this scarf and I'm glad I finished it. I'm afraid I am not a natural lace knitter. I'm just too scatterbrained or something. I kept miscounting and ending up with the wrong number of stitches at the end of the row. Truly, I believe I knit this scarf at least twice if you count the number of rows I had to unpick! Using stitch markers to separate the pattern repeat didn't work because the pattern shifted one stitch when you turned the work to the opposite side, causing the markers to be in the wrong place. But it is finished and I can now bask in the glow of
accomplishment! It is pretty, and I hope my ISE pal likes it as much as I do. I have some other knitting projects I started over the week end. Maybe pictures tomorrow if I remember to take the camera home with me. There are days I think I need a Keeper.

3 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely scarf! Your recipient is one lucky person.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Gramknits said...

The scarf is beautiful. Lucky lucky pal. Glad to see other grandmothers on the internet.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger pigbook1 said...

I have worn the scarf a ton! I love it to death and I can't stop bragging about how I must have the best ISE partner ever. You made a scarf that is so me I can't even explain. The more I wear the it the more I fall in love with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home