http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Friday, November 17, 2006

I wish I could knit lace

I wish I could knit lace. I think it must take more concentration than I have. I'm saying this because I was over visiting Grumperina's blog and drooling over the pictures in Victorian Lace. I may have to get out the Icarus shawl pattern and take another stab at it. The Suri Elegance Alpaca Laceweight is still sulking in the project basket where I threw it after my last attempt. Maybe this weekend...

Meanwhile I continue with the Train Track vest for Jack. I've started the front and have completeed 37 rows. I fell asleep on the couch last night while watching a very dull movie. Luckily I woke up in time for ER! Anyway.
Here is a picture of Jack, for whom the vest is intended.

Jack loves all sports, but golf is his passion. Yes, at the age of 4. Tiger Woods is his hero. Recently his Dad took him to the practice range at the Country Club. The pro said to him, "Jack, I haven't seen you for a couple weeks, how's your game?" Jack's reply was "My game would be a LOT better if I had spikes like my Dad." I asked my daughter if Jack was going to get spikes, and she said, "No way is he getting spikes! . I have to take him to Nordstroms every three months to replace the shoes he out grows as it is!" He cracks me up.

See ya.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Auntie Pita said...

Hi Barbara... Lace is ohmygoodness easy!!!!!!!!!!

Really and truely! Its a matter of doing a yarn over... then knitting 2 tog. Thats all...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home