http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Long Time, No Post

I really didn't mean to abandon this blog. Life just overwhelmed me for awhile. I have been knitting--mostly socks, some mittens, and a couple of sweaters for the grandchildren.

Just to catch up (if anyone cares)

  • January 2007, unexpectedly sold the house in the city I lived in for 28 years.

  • February 2007, began search for a condo.

  • March 2007, bought condo in the countryside.

  • April 2007, moved to condo in countryside

  • July 2007, much restructuring and upheaval in my workplace. But, I still have a job.

  • November 2007, divorce papers arrive by certified mail. The Ex moved out some time ago, but still he could have told me. Really.

  • December 2007 to present. Hanging in there. Not alot of fun, but things could be worse.

Here's a pair of socks I'm working on.

Not the best picture, I'm afraid, although the color looks pretty true on my monitor. The pattern is Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern, from Nancy Bush's book, Knitting Vintage Socks. The orginal pattern that she adapted was a child's sock, but her pattern fits US woman size 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 shoe. I'm using size US 1 double points, and the yarn is some Paton's Kroy from the stash (bought from Elann some time ago) in the shade "blazing blue". That's it for now.

3 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Auntie Pita said...

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles... I had checked a time or 3 but hadn't seen any activity... hope things are calming down!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learn more about Deep Creek lake Hotel, including Deep Creek Ski Wisp Hotel. and Silver Tree Suites.

 
At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home