http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Stranded: The Colorwork Challenge

I've been challenged and I've accepted! I've joined Stranded: The Colorwork Challenge.

What are your projects for this knitalong?

I've chosen "Super Skunk" from Alice Starmore's book, Pacific Coast Highway. It's a children's vest with a railroad theme, inspired by the steam locomotive in the Pacific Northwest called "Super Skunk". (I just googled "Super Skunk pattern" to see if I could find a picture of the finished sweater. I didn't find one, but I did learn the "Super Skunk" is a variety of cannabis. Huh. Who knew?) Two years ago I bought a kit for this pattern on eBay, from a woman in the Hebrides who was a test knitter for Alice Starmore. The yarn isn't Scottish Campion, but substituted Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift. I was also lucky enough to purchase Pacific Coast Highway about the same time. The yarn has been in the stash ever since.

Is this your first colorwork project? If it isn't, what was your first, and has it survived the test of time?

The first color work project I knit was a Dale of Norway pattern. I believe it is called Ladybug. I

I knit it twice, as matching sweaters for Katy and Jack when they were 1 and 3 years old. I wish I had a picture of them wearing them, but I don't. I never even saw them wear the sweaters. That's the trouble with living 6 hours drive from your grandchildren, you don't see them much. I don't know what happened to the sweaters after they out grew them. I think Christine kept them and put them away.

The knitalong starts December 1st!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home