http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Deep Creek Lake

The day after Thanksgiving, we packed up two cars and my son, my brother, my parents, myself, and two dogs headed for Deep Creek Lake in western Maryland. The plan for the weekend was to relax and visit with my daughter, her husband and two children, and her in-laws Bob and Mimi. Not to forget Bob and Mimi's dog Skipper! So there were nine adults, two children, and three dogs in this 5 bedroom house. It was full, but cheerful. This is the back of the house. It's built into the side of hill that slopes down to the dock on the Lake where two boats are kept in summer and sun bathing and swimming take place. There is a big deck the length of the house accross the front, with a grill and picnic table and lots of chairs for lounging and reading and just sitting in the sun. I didn't get a picture of the front because the snow was too deep to wade around to the front. Since it was winter, we contented ourselves with indoor activities like sitting by the fire:Here are "Gigi" (my Mom) and "Grandpa" (my Dad) rocking and toasting their toes.
We did a lot of reading:

Son-in-law Tom.

My son Stephen and son-in-law Tom.

We played games:

Uncle Steve, Katy and Jack play Candyland. Jack won, but we suspect he may have stacked the playing cards in his favor! We also had some wild Zingo tournaments, but I didn't get a picture of that as I was too busy shouting "dog", "house", "smile" etc. to leave the table and get the camera.




Katy and her Great Grandpa spent some time looking at family photo albums.

The dogs were not neglected!



And enjoyed long walks through the snow.



That's all I have time for today. More tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger MsGraysea said...

What a lovely family time and the location looks blissful!
So glad it was such a nice holiday time.

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Deep Creek Lake to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home