http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;76;0;1/c/173/t/120/s/180/k/06d6/weight.png

Just knitting on...

A record of my knitting projects and events of my life

Monday, June 09, 2008

"There's always someone worse off"

Well, yes. There's a discussion going on in the comments section on Crazy Aunt Purl's blog today. High gas prices, high food prices, worry, anxiety, stress--and someone always saying some variation of "it could be worse, you know". General consensus of those who commented was that although true, it really doesn't help alot of us feel better. I don't know. I think after what I've gone through in the past couple of years, I don't say "it could be worse" much anymore, and then only to someone really, really whinny. The economic situation in this country does affect us and our sense of well being, and it scares us, because it feels like we don't control it. I don't feel like I have much control, although I do think carefully about driving anywhere, about spending every dollar, and looking for ways to save however I can. I don't think our government is going to do anything about the energy problem. Sure, Congress grilled the oil company executives in hearings, but are they going to do anything? It seems like they just want the voters back home to see them on CSPAN giving the oil companies hell. I could say I won't vote for my Congressman and Senators if they don't take some action, but the people who run against them may not be any better. Maybe they need to hear people complaining! My two cents worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home